Search engine optimization for enterprises is a whole new branch of SEO. This is different from the normal optimization scenario in that in enterprise SEO:
- The SEO firm does not have access to the website's code so as to modify it.
- The software used to create the websites will not necessarily work with SEO techniques.
- All web content articles, blogs, press releases, newsletters, and RSS feeds generated must obtain the approval of the site's owner before implementation.
- All enterprise SEO techniques to be implemented must follow a formal chain of command.
- Webmaster and SEO tools such as Google analytics could be difficult to access or even cost money.
- Permissions will be required to access the servers hosting the website.
There are several aspects involved in enterprise SEO services and they include the following:
- The enterprise SEO firm should clearly understand what an enterprise entails in order to generate keywords that are helpful to it.
- The generation and periodical submission of Sitemaps to the main search engines including Yahoo, Bing and Google.
- An important part of enterprise SEO is optimizing the TITLE tags, description tags, and Meta tags, and although it is a fact that the Google search algorithm does not consider them, the other engines do. The keywords used in the tags should be diversified so as to broaden the site's description with the search engines thus winning their trust.
- Keep to the search engines' guidelines on the use of keywords i.e. their density and applicability. Take a step to have different keywords for each page.
- Enterprise websites should strive to have as many useful pages as possible so as to have sufficient content to show in multiple searches.
- No enterprise SEO job is complete without including social media i.e. through blogs, Facebook, Twitter and RSS feeds. The advantages of social networks cannot be overemphasized.
- Proposals can be made to register the clients' domains for the long haul and even buying keyword related URLs
- Everyone is accessing the internet from mobile technologies hence the enterprise SEO services firm can be tasked to build a mobile website.
- The website should get listed DMOZ.
- The enterprise SEO firm should have a rapport suggesting that they value the clients' business and that they can offer services commensurate to their needs.